['] Place me into the book of death... [']

ogólne rozmowy o tym i owym... tylko metal prosimy....

Moderatorzy: Heretyk, Nasum, Sybir, Gore_Obsessed, ultravox

ODPOWIEDZ
Awatar użytkownika
Harlequin
mistrz forumowej ceremonii

Re: ['] Place me into the book of death... [']

11-01-2022, 17:58

Wokal nie do przejscia dla mnie
Awatar użytkownika
Żułek
Biały Weteran Forume Tańczący na Kurhanach Wrogów

11-01-2022, 17:59

Harlequin pisze:
11-01-2022, 17:58
Wokal nie do przejscia dla mnie
zawsze jest alternatywa ;)

Mocarne knury w butach biegają po lesie z połówkami melona na głowach wykrzykując pod adresem maciory jestem chomikiem z azbestu.

memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d#memberlist
Awatar użytkownika
uglak

11-01-2022, 19:41

Maruder pisze:
11-01-2022, 17:31
Mieli grać w Czewie kilka lat temu ale coś poszło nie tak finalnie.
Obrazek

Z last.fm:
Dzisiejszego dnia, tj. 10.11.2010 dotarły do nas smutne wiadomości - otóż Burke Shelley został dziś w nocy hospitalizowany. Wykryto u niego tętniaka aorty i dzisiejszej nocy przeszedł operację w specjalistycznym szpitalu w Wejherowie. Stan jego jest poważny i teraz należy tylko trzymać kciuki, aby doszedł do zdrowia.
W związku z powyższym wszystkie koncerty zaplanowane w naszym kraju zostały odwołane.
Osoby, które zakupiły bilet mogą go zwracać w punkcie w którym dokonały zakupu.
Guilty of being right
Awatar użytkownika
gelO
rasowy masterfulowicz

11-01-2022, 19:45

Zastanawiałem się dziś dlaczego nie byłem w graffiti jak grali, teraz już wiem.
Awatar użytkownika
Lukass
zahartowany metalizator

11-01-2022, 21:28

Nawet go dobrze w tym Wejherowie poskładali, jeszcze ponad dychę pociągnął.
To those who did not dare to sing out of tune
Or sing a different song
To march to the beat of a different drum and speak
The truths others fear
Awatar użytkownika
Żułek

12-01-2022, 00:35

Lukass pisze:
no nie wiem
Burke Shelley uznał, że operacja, którą przeszedł w 2010 roku z powodu tętniaka aorty, spowodowała uszkodzenie przepony, przez co nie był w stanie prawidłowo śpiewać.
Mocarne knury w butach biegają po lesie z połówkami melona na głowach wykrzykując pod adresem maciory jestem chomikiem z azbestu.

memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d#memberlist
Awatar użytkownika
Duban
weteran forumowych bitew

12-01-2022, 07:42

Bardzo ważny dla mnie zespół za gówniaka. Trochę ukształtował moje plumkanie. Sprowadzanie ich do "Parents" i "Breadfan" to pomyłka. Przy połowie numerów z pierwszych 5 płyt mam ciary. A "In the Grip..." ze "Squawk" to pierdolony majstersztyk. Jak komuś to "zmurszało", to proponuję zmienić piguły.
If you believe the western sun
is falling down on everyone.
You're breaking free and the morning's come.
If you would know your time has come.
Pacjent

13-01-2022, 07:42

Zmarł Will Corcoran - perkusista REVENANT.
Jeśli prawdę można wypowiedzieć tylko szeptem, oznacza to, że kraj został opanowany przez wrogów.
Awatar użytkownika
Harlequin

13-01-2022, 08:30

Wielki zespół to był. Szkoda chłopa.
Awatar użytkownika
trup

13-01-2022, 08:38

jakie żniwo....
hO Aster Tor Pente - "Give Light and The People Will Follow."
„Kto poznał świat, znalazł trupa, a kto znalazł trupa, świat nie jest go wart” (logion 57)
Awatar użytkownika
Sgt. Barnes
zahartowany metalizator

13-01-2022, 09:21

A to dopiero styczeń...
Prawdziwy mężczyzna powinien być...ogolony i ciut, ciut pijany.
Bolesław Wieniawa-Długoszowski.
Awatar użytkownika
Lukass
zahartowany metalizator

14-01-2022, 00:27

Żułek pisze:
12-01-2022, 00:35
Lukass pisze:
no nie wiem
Burke Shelley uznał, że operacja, którą przeszedł w 2010 roku z powodu tętniaka aorty, spowodowała uszkodzenie przepony, przez co nie był w stanie prawidłowo śpiewać.
Patrząc na możliwe powikłania po tej operacji, to bardzo niska cena.
To those who did not dare to sing out of tune
Or sing a different song
To march to the beat of a different drum and speak
The truths others fear
est

14-01-2022, 09:35

Pacjent pisze:
Veggian o Willu (tl:dr)

"
“In an ill-lit ancient tavern that I know, are many tales of the sea; but not without the wine of Gorgondy, that I had of a private bargain with the gnomes, was the tale laid bare for which I had waited of an evening for the greater part of a year.”

- Lord Dunsany, “The Secret of the Sea,” in “Over the Hills and Far Away.”

“Some books,” wrote Edgar Allan Poe, “cannot be read.” That is how I feel about the Irish fabulist Lord Dunsany, and about my departed friend and band mate, Will Corcoran. By this I mean to say also that I loved them because I didn’t fully understand them; and I never will, with all the emotions such a confession might invoke. If a thing or person is inscrutable, it can also inspire wonder.

I might also say that about my old band REVENANT. In the early years of the metal underground, we were a strange creature. Our songs were a bit too long, my lyrics a bit too obscure, our sound a bit too ethereal. When we played alongside other early NY/NJ bands like Immolation, Ripping Corpse, Cannibal Corpse and Suffocation, it sounded like Pink Floyd had wandered onto the stage at the Obscene Extreme festival to play alongside some grindcore acts. We didn’t fit in, but we did. None of us fit in anywhere back then - that’s why we had the underground scene. There were no legends yet, only teenagers in torn up jeans and t-shirts.

And even in all of that weirdness, Will stood out as unique. He was too tall, his demeanor too polite. He drank wine and smoked from a pipe, he wore boating shoes and tweed coats, and he would show up in a blizzard wearing shorts and a half shirt. The guy was just different. He was, as they say, his own man.

And man, could he play a drum kit. Just as my weird lyrics made us unique, Will’s drumming also stood out. He wasn’t a prototypical metal drummer. He was a converted prog rock drummer who played metal. If you asked him to list his influences, Neil Peart was always first. But then there was Bill Bruford and Carl Emerson, too, and beyond that, more in the mainstream, drummers like Liberty Devito & Steve Smith. They weren’t just “drummers” - they were percussionists. Will took their styles and blended them with metal beats, and he created something strange and unfamiliar. Something “weird.”

Over the years, Will developed a blend of styles that made Revenant really special. When he first joined in 1989 we were a bit raw and messy yet. By the end of 1991, having been forged in the fire of a long European tour, Will was a demon on that big Tama kit he played. There were nights when I would be playing onstage with him and I would turn and just watch him in awe. I wasn’t alone.

In our final years, Will invented beats that really showed his creativity. He had achieved a blend of technique and metal aggression that still amazes me. Listen to the mid-tempo section in the middle of “The Burning Ground,” where he works the high hat, or the crossover beat on the toms in “Infinite Reality,” or the ride cymbal/bass drum pairing on “The Masks of God.” When I read Lord Dunsany, the Irish writer I quoted above, I often wonder where the hell that came from. Gnomes? Gorgondy? You waited a year for a story? That’s how I felt about Will’s drumming in Revenant. I loved it, I can explain where it came from, but I had no idea where it would take me.

“Weird.” I don’t use the word lightly. I’m citing HP Lovecraft, who used that word to describe Lord Dunsany’s writings. In using it to describe Will and the music we made, I offer it as praise.

I also offer it to indicate the great pleasure it was to write and play that music with Will over the course of six busy years. We rehearsed 3 days a week, and we played around 150 shows together. Add that up and that’s over one thousand days and nights of music time. I knew him intimately, in the crazy way bandmates know one another, in the way that you are like a family with its own language and wavelengths that no one else comprehends.

You’d think I could say I knew him well. Yeah, on some level, I knew him. On another, I did not. He loved his hometown. That always puzzled me. He loved artists that I hated, and he hated artists that I loved. He couldn’t stand Black Sabbath, for example. I could never grasp that notion. Who doesn’t like Black Sabbath? Then again, one might ask, “who wears a tweed coat?”

Here is one thing I know - I miss Will, and it hurts. We spoke at length several times a year, and texted a lot in between. Whenever he would bother me and try and convince me to reunite the band, I would have to go to the firing range - literal or otherwise- and burn off some proverbial rounds. He’d mix up my kids’ names. If you’re a parent, you know how maddening that is.

But never once did Will or I turn away from our friendship. I could always count on Will to hear me out. We had lived together for a time, and I remember it all like it was yesterday, and the memories are all good, and clear, and light. Will Corcoran was his own man, and a weird one, and I was grateful for that, too. If I made him wait for the greater part of a year, wait he did. One could depend on him in that way - he never turned his back.

What this all means is I’m heartbroken. Im devastated by the loss of a friend and bandmate, I’m crushed by what his sweet wife Kristine Corcoran is going through, I’m hurt in a way that the worst grief cuts you open. I can’t believe I won’t hug the big guy again, or hear his rich baritone call my name, or see my phone light up with a text that begins with one of his “Will-isms” like “Yo head, how’s it going?”

I know a lot of people are hurting now, too. I know that many of you know about Will’s demons. Like you, I am heartbroken that they won.

I had a chance to be with Will during what was likely the longest period of uninterrupted happiness in his life, aside from his marriage. It was on Revenant’s European tour. I have some photos from that tour that no one has ever seen, of Will and me and my bandmates, being young and free and living a dream. I’ve shared them below, so we can see Will’s big smile, and remember what a special, rare gift he was, in all his weird, eccentric glory."
Awatar użytkownika
Harlequin

15-01-2022, 19:01

Fred Van Hove. Jazzowy pianista znany przede wszystkim z tria z Brotzmannem i Bennikiem.
Awatar użytkownika
SODOMOUSE

15-01-2022, 20:28

Pacjent pisze:
przed Revenant, Will grał w thrashowym LACERATED. Gdzieś to demo 1989 "Break thru", można posłuchać?
Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
Triceratops

15-01-2022, 20:30

Wokalisty VOX nikt nie wymienia, taki talent...wy metalowcy
woodpecker from space
Awatar użytkownika
Sgt. Barnes
zahartowany metalizator

15-01-2022, 22:31

Miałem napisać, ale mnie uprzedziłeś,... Bardzo ich lubiłem za ładne harmonie, ogólny sznyt, muszki i buty. I za piękną pieśń o Magdalenie, co wkurwiało niemiłosiernie moja byłą o tym samym imieniu, gdy jej to śpiewałem... :sarcasm2:
Prawdziwy mężczyzna powinien być...ogolony i ciut, ciut pijany.
Bolesław Wieniawa-Długoszowski.
Awatar użytkownika
Triceratops

15-01-2022, 23:02

Dla mnie ten
woodpecker from space
Awatar użytkownika
soulsick
zaczyna szaleć

21-01-2022, 09:52

Meat Loaf kopnął w kalendarz. Fajnie słucha się nadal jego albumu "Bat Out of Hell II".
Awatar użytkownika
gelO
rasowy masterfulowicz

21-01-2022, 11:16

Kilka płyt lubię, aktor też całkiem niezły z niego był.
ODPOWIEDZ