MEGADETH

Zasada tworzenia tematu - NAZWA ZESPOŁU + ewentualnie tytuł płyty lub inna treść jeżeli coś chcemy dodać.

Moderatorzy: Heretyk, Nasum, Sybir, Gore_Obsessed, ultravox

Regulamin forum
Tematy związane tylko z jednym zespołem lub jedną płytą. Wszelkie zbiorcze typu "América Latina Metal" lub "Najlepsza polska płyta thrash" itp. proszę zakładać w dziale "Dyskusje o muzyce metalowej"
ODPOWIEDZ
Awatar użytkownika
Żułek
Biały Weteran Forume Tańczący na Kurhanach Wrogów

Re: MEGADETH

28-08-2019, 03:56

kilka słów od Polski ;)
Former MEGADETH guitarist Chris Poland has signed to David Ellefson's relaunched Combat Records label. Combat will release a deluxe reissue of Chris's 1990 solo debut, "Return To Metalopolis", in November. Originally released on Enigma Records in 1990, "Metalopolis" was Poland's return to the stage after his 1987 departure from MEGADETH. Regarded by many as an unsung shred masterpiece, "Metalopolis" showcases Poland's signature jazz-infused thrash/rock style, in a collection of timeless instrumental compositions.

Says Poland: "I was out of MEGADETH, and went through rehab and had gotten clean. I had no gear, and I wasn't even sure if I wanted to ever play guitar again. Friends started bringing me gear; guitars, amps, pedals, telling me, 'you have to play again.' So, I started playing. Andy Sommers, MEGADETH's agent, heard I was clean and doing well, and THE CIRCLE JERKS needed a bassist, so I toured with them for over a year, playing bass. And while I was doing that, I was in the back of a 16-passenger van, writing the songs that would become 'Return To Metalopolis'.

"I didn't have a drummer, so I asked my brother Mark to play on it," he continued. "I said, 'We're gonna make a record, and I need you to play drums.' He agreed, and we started doing demos. Janie Hoffman shopped it and we got a really good deal with Capitol Records, but shortly after we did the deal, for whatever reason, we get a call from the A&R guy who says they can't do the deal on Capitol, but they offered me a deal on Enigma. So that's where it came out."

Poland states about "Return To Metalopolis": "I just feel like it's timeless. I don't listen to it and think that it's some dated '80s bullshit. It's not like that for me. Of course, I'm super close to it, and I love it, but I really feel like it has held up well."

The "Return To Metalopolis" reissue will be made available on November 22 on double CD, and digital, and in December on limited-edition double LP, and cassette, remastered with bonus material, including live tracks that originally appeared on the out-of-print 2007 release "Return To Metalopolis Live", plus three brand new tracks recorded in 2019, featuring the rhythm section of Carlos Cruz and Chase Bryant of WARBRINGER.

After over a decade with metal on the backburner, despite guest appearances with LAMB OF GOD, TOURNIQUET, REDEMPTION, and more, with Poland focusing his energy on playing and recording with his jazz fusion trio OHM:, which also featured late former MEGADETH drummer Nick Menza, and the CHRIS POLAND RESISTANCE, another fusion project being released by the eclectic modern jazz-centric Ropeadope Records, Poland has also announced work on the long-awaited follow up to "Metalopolis", to be released in 2020 on Combat.

"I never really got away from metal," Poland says. "I've always been a rock guy. And even the stuff we do with OHM: is really heavy and dynamic. But when I started playing with Nick (Menza) he really put a fire under my ass to write new, heavy music. I was over at his house every night after work, my wife told me I was having a 'bro-mance,' but I couldn't stop writing songs. Nick and I had hooked up with James LoMenzo [ex-MEGADETH, WHITE LION], and we were actually going to start a band together, which didn't work out, but I had literally hours and hours of ideas for songs that me and Nick were going to do together when he passed away. Now I'm working on putting them all together for a new solo release that will also come out on Combat."

On reconnecting with his former bandmate David Ellefson, and his Combat Records imprint, Poland adds: "I'm super excited about it. I had been talking to Thom (Hazaert), David's partner, and we had been bouncing ideas back and forth. The two of them came over to my studio in L.A. one night, we had a meeting, and ended up hanging out for hours and talking about it, and it just felt right. David said, 'We started on Combat, and this record deserves to come back to Combat.' And he was right."

Poland also appears on the track "Hammer Comes Down" on Ellefson's debut solo release, "Sleeping Giants", in stores now via Combat, which also features Hazaert on vocals. Poland will join Ellefson, Hazaert and their live band onstage Thursday, September in Fullerton, California at The Slidebar, as part of Ellefson's "Basstory" tour.

"Honestly the whole thing was a blur," says Poland. "Thom had told me they were working on what would become the 'Sleeping Giants' record, and I asked him if I could play on it. It was great to reconnect with David, musically, and the song has such a great energy. It was such a quick, painless process, and there's so many other incredible players on the song, Mark Tremonti, etc, that it really couldn't have been any cooler."
Mocarne knury w butach biegają po lesie z połówkami melona na głowach wykrzykując pod adresem maciory jestem chomikiem z azbestu.

memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d#memberlist
Awatar użytkownika
Żułek

25-02-2020, 03:08

"We are heading home for a brief break, record album 16 and then preparing for our summer tour with LAMB OF GOD, TRIVIUM and IN FLAMES. Get your tickets now, you don't want to miss what we have planned for you!"

Last December, MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine spoke to Rolling Stone about the musical direction of the band's new material. He said "The Dogs Of Chernobyl" has a feel similar to 2016's "Dystopia" album, while he said "Faster Than Anything Else" and "Rattlehead, Part Two" — both of which only have working titles at this point — speak for themselves.

According to Mustaine, David Ellefson has contributed a ballad at the frontman's urging that will feature the bassist's lead vocals for the first time. "I said to him, 'What was the biggest song that KISS ever had?'" Mustaine said. "He goes, 'Beth'. I said, 'Yeah, we should write a song like 'Beth', where it's a ballad and it’s just you singing it. I think you should write a song about what it's like being in MEGADETH with me, because I read all your lyrics, and I know that your lyrics are aimed at me. You're upset. So why don't you write about it?'"

He added: "I'm going to try to work on it now for this record, and if it doesn't get on this record, I'm going to try to work on it on the next record. Because it was actually really cool to see Ellefson writing something and hear him singing."
no w końcu ;)
Mocarne knury w butach biegają po lesie z połówkami melona na głowach wykrzykując pod adresem maciory jestem chomikiem z azbestu.

Awatar użytkownika
Żułek

17-03-2020, 20:44

tym czasem cichaczem 4 dni temu pojawiło się

Obrazek

Awatar użytkownika
mad
weteran forumowych bitew

19-03-2020, 15:11

^ Wyrwałem do 2. utworu - zrzynki z Pink Floyd (Money) i wyłączyłem...
Awatar użytkownika
Żułek

19-03-2020, 15:34

mi sie nawet podoba, niczego sie nie spodziewałem chociaż 1 kawałek z tym rapowaniem mnie zaskoczył :P
ale potem wróciło do norny, basik fajnie pierdzi, jest niezle :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok9wGTk_IJs[/youtube]

Pacjent

07-05-2020, 21:19

Jeśli prawdę można wypowiedzieć tylko szeptem, oznacza to, że kraj został opanowany przez wrogów.
Awatar użytkownika
Żułek

13-06-2020, 17:52

no płyta sie nagrywa, bebenki i basik już, pora na gitary i wokal :)
As part of today's "The Metal Tour Of The Year" streaming event hosted by SiriusXM's Jose Mangin, MEGADETH leader Dave Mustaine spoke about the progress of the recording sessions for the band's follow-up to 2016's "Dystopia" album. He said (see video below): "Dirk [Verbeuren, drums] and David Ellefson [bass] both just finished their parts. And this was probably one of the strongest records we've ever had as far as duration. The other records we've done have all done been different lengths, and our [record] contract that we have [to deliver] for one company, it's eight songs, for another company, it's 11 songs, so, realistically, all we need to do is do an 11-song album and we're done, right? That's not the way old Uncle Dave is, though.

"So we got in the studio and we started working and it got to where we were writing all the original parts, and we had 15 of 'em," he revealed. "And then we got to the end, and I said, 'Shoot, we didn't think about the cover songs, man.' We had a couple of songs we wanted to do for this record. 'Damn, we forgot. What are we gonna do? Do you wanna still talk about it?' 'Yeah, we wanna talk about it.' So we ended up doing 18 songs altogether, and then we had another song that we forgot was part of one of the other songs, so we had 19. [We] ditched one of the cover songs, so now we've got an 18-song album that we're gonna be bringing."

Asked about the musical direction of the new MEGADETH material, Dave said: "I think this is probably in the top four records as far as towards the tip of the spear with our career and everything that we're doing. It's up there with 'Countdown [To Extinction]', 'Rust In Peace' and probably 'Peace Sells'. The other one I would say is 'Dystopia'. So that would round up my top five.

"Honestly, it's kind of lame when guys have new records and they go, 'Oh, this is my favorite one,' 'cause, [let's] face it, we all do that. When we have a new record come out, 'This is my favorite one ever.' I mean, this is a good record, but I don't have any words to it yet, so…"

Mustaine also touched upon the lyrical inspiration for the new MEGADETH songs, explaining: "There's a lot of stuff to sing about, isn't there? But I think I'm gonna kind of keep it to myself right now and try and focus on finishing the guitar parts. This is the first time in a really long time that we've had a record that the guitar playing and the bass playing was so hard that we had to stop in between parts. Ask Ellefson — he's the best ambassador — what he's doing with his [bass] guitar parts, because he's playing the same thing I'm doing. And we do some really cool stuff. Like, there's one part in one song that he played parts that are like 'Five Magics'. And there's another part where it was full-on 'Take No Prisoners' — just shredding on bass guitar. So you'll have to see for yourself. The guitar playing could totally suck, but I don't think it will."

Awatar użytkownika
Żułek

26-06-2020, 15:20

kolejna porcja newsów około Megadethowych ;)

Kiko atakuje kolejnym solowym albumem

Obrazek

Open Source" will arrive on July 10. The LP will include an instrumental titled "EDM (e-Dependent Mind)", which was released as a single last week. The track features Loureiro on guitar and keyboards, as well as Felipe Andreoli on bass and Bruno Valverde on drums.

Awatar użytkownika
Gunman
rasowy masterfulowicz

10-07-2020, 18:00

Ellefson o nowym albumie:

"Zdecydowanie nie będzie w stylu „Super Collider”. Bliżej jej będzie do „Dystopii”, a nawet wyjdzie poza jej styl. To technicznie bardzo wymagająca płyta. Są tu riffy trudniejsze od tego, co było na „Rust In Peace”. To szalenie progresywna płyta.
Jako dzieciak słuchałem Rush i to, co grali Geddy Lee czy Neil Peart wydawało mi się niemożliwe do zagrania. Podobnie miałem, słuchając na nowej płycie partii Dirka Verbeurena. Jeśli podobała wam się „Dystopia”, ten album was nie zawiedzie."
Awatar użytkownika
maciek z klanu

10-07-2020, 18:44

Zulek jarasz się?
Adrian696 pisze:nie, BURZUM jest emo ;)
Jestem Maciek, szukam klanu.
Awatar użytkownika
nicram

10-07-2020, 19:33

Ja się jaram Maciek. Jakby nie było to zespół, od którego zaczęła się moja przygoda z metalem. Mój ulubiony zespół ever (wraz Death).
all the monsters will break your heart
Awatar użytkownika
maciek z klanu

10-07-2020, 20:54

Nie dziwię się. Ja bardzo lubię klasyki z początku działalności. Nowe płyty słyszałem pobieżnie tylko bo mało słucham takiej muzyki i też wstydu nie było, choć emocje inne przy słuchaniu. Chętnie nowa sprawdze.
Adrian696 pisze:nie, BURZUM jest emo ;)
Jestem Maciek, szukam klanu.
Awatar użytkownika
Żułek

10-07-2020, 22:48

maciek z klanu pisze:
10-07-2020, 18:44
Zulek jarasz się?
pożyjemy zobaczymy ;) o Kolibrze tez mówili ze thrash metal, cuda, wianki a jak wyszlo wiadomo ;)

Awatar użytkownika
Gunman
rasowy masterfulowicz

11-07-2020, 05:44

Koliber to thrash metal, cuda i wianki. Wszystko się zgadza.
Awatar użytkownika
Sgt. Barnes
zahartowany metalizator

13-07-2020, 13:57

Obrazek
takie coś szykowane na 8 września, na razie tylko po angielsku.
Prawdziwy mężczyzna powinien być...ogolony i ciut, ciut pijany.
Bolesław Wieniawa-Długoszowski.
Awatar użytkownika
Żułek

26-10-2020, 15:29

nowa płyta nadal się robi zółwim tempem :roll: tym czasem do Kiko dołączył Marty z kolejnym albumem

Tokyo Jukebox 3
Obrazek
na szczeście tylko w 1 kawałku jest wokal ;)

Awatar użytkownika
Żułek

25-11-2020, 01:34

no to pora na Juniora

Obrazek

Disc one:

01. Freewheel Burning (JUDAS PRIEST) (featuring Jason McMaster, Gus G, Andy James, Dave McClain)
02. Tear It Loose (TWISTED SISTER) (featuring Eddie Ojeda, Dave McClain)
03. Love Me Like A Reptile (MOTÖRHEAD) (featuring Doro Pesch, Greg Handevidt, Chuck Behler)
04. Holiday in Cambodia (DEAD KENNEDYS) (featuring Charlie Benante, Bumblefoot)
05. Rebel Yell (BILLY IDOL) (featuring Paolo Caridi)
06. Wasted (DEF LEPPARD) (featuring Frank Hannon, Jacob Bunton, Dave McClain)
07. Riff Raff (AC/DC) (featuring Jason McMaster, Dave Lombardo, Bumblefoot)
08. Nailed To The Gun (FIGHT) (featuring Andrew Freeman, Russ Parrish, Jimmy DeGrasso)
09. Not Fragile (BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE) (featuring John Aquilino, Paolo Caridi, Bumblefoot)
10. Auf Wiedersehen (CHEAP TRICK) (featuring Al Jourgensen, Brandon Yeagley, Charlie Benante)

Disc two:

01. L.O.V.E. Machine (W.A.S.P.) (featuring Dirk Verbeuren, Dave Alvin, Bumblefoot)
02. Love Hurts (NAZARETH) (featuring Brandon Yeagley, Chuck Behler, Tyson Leslie)
03. Eat The Rich (KROKUS) (featuring Jason McMaster, Dave Sharpe and Opus of DEAD BY WEDNESDAY)
04. Sheer Heart Attack (QUEEN) (featuring Bumblefoot, Doro Pesch, Charlie Benante)
05. Over The Mountain (OZZY OSBOURNE) (featuring Andrew Freeman, Bumblefoot, Jimmy DeGrasso)
06. Sweet FA (SWEET) (featuring Todd Kerns, Bumblefoot, Shani Kimelman)
07. Beth (KISS) (featuring Tyson Leslie, Bumblefoot)

kilka kawałków nawet znośnych ;)

wychodzi na to że tylko Rudy się opierdala :sarcasm1:

Awatar użytkownika
vicek
zahartowany metalizator
Kontakt:

25-11-2020, 20:09

to kopia okładki najlepszej płyty dif lepyrd
Awatar użytkownika
Żułek

12-12-2020, 02:07

nawet Menza z za grobu wyprzedził Rudego ;)

A previously unreleased 2014 live jam rehearsal recording by former MEGADETH members Nick Menza, Chris Poland and James LoMenzo can be heard below.

The clip was edited by Menza himself and features the trio in an all-out original, free-for-all intense heavy jam session.

The unnamed trio was assembled by Menza and LoMenzo in 2014, and later on joined by Poland to handle rhythm and lead guitar.

Before joining forces with Poland, Menza and LoMenzo released two demo versions of their cover of the METALLICA classics "Creeping Death" and "Motorbreath" with a guest appearance by guitarist/vocalist Davor Garasic from the Croatian thrash metal band SUFOSIA.

Menza, Poland and LoMenzo's first jam session took place on November 1, 2014, at Menza's Disintegrator Studios in Studio City, California, where they cracked through some of the old MEGADETH catalog along with some of their favorite METALLICA and LED ZEPPELIN songs.

Regarding the project's musical direction, which was described by some as LED ZEPPELIN meets METALLICA," Nick said: "It's got some elements of that, but I'd say we're just so far beyond everything that's been heard already. It's gonna be a conglomerate of styles. It's gonna be what we like to do best. Have fun and play. Our material is gonna be really out there, It's gonna be different. It's gonna pumped, it's gonna be heavy, but it's gonna be us."

The trio then rehearsed handful of times before disbanding later that year due to other musical commitments, Menza went on to join Poland's band OHM:, and was playing with the group live on stage when he died behind his drum kit of natural causes in May 2016.

The unnamed project will be a highlight in the recently announced official Menza documentary film "This Was My Life - The Story of Nick Menza", featuring video footage and audio recordings of Menza himself discussing the project's rhythm section, future recording and touring plans.

The film will be the first-ever film to memorialize Menza's legacy and celebrate his life exactly how it was. It is described in a press release as "an unflinching exploration into the life of one of the most successful thrash-metal drummers of all time, authorized by the Menza family. From his childhood all the way through to the end of his life including a true blow-by-blow account of the repeated failed attempts of the classic 'Rust In Peace' lineup."

"This Was My Life" will feature rare and never-before-seen photos and video footage from Nick's archived VHS tape collection, personally filmed by Menza himself from 1988 through 1991. Included will be exclusive content showcasing Nick working at the studio, personal home movies, casual time and party time with his fellow bandmembers, as well as other well-known artists of the era that Nick toured with.

Menza's longtime personal manger Robert Bolger said: "I am very excited to be working with Screaming Butterfly Entertainment on Nick's official documentary.

"There's a lot of published misinformation out there about Nick that isn't true and I am very happy to bring the truth forth.

"Nick loved his fans and always said without the fans none this would be possible. I really think Nick's fans will enjoy this journey through his life."

Executive producer Holly Mollohan from Screaming Butterfly Entertainment added: "As both a filmmaker, and fellow metalhead who deeply values the metal community, I am honored and excited to go on this journey alongside all of you."

Menza's official autobiography, "Megalife: The Autobiography Of Nick Menza" by J. Marshall Craig, was released in December 2018 via Post Hill Press.

Late in the evening on May 21, 2016, Nick collapsed after suffering a heart attack during a concert with Chris Poland and Robertino "Pag" Pagliari in their band OHM: at The Baked Potato in Studio City, California and was pronounced dead upon arrival at the hospital. The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner said Menza died of hypertensive and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.

Awatar użytkownika
Antton213
weteran forumowych bitew

11-02-2021, 07:14

Żułek pisze:
13-06-2020, 17:52
no płyta sie nagrywa, bebenki i basik już, pora na gitary i wokal :)
Dave po wyszarpaniu purpurowego pasa w brazylijskim Jiu-Jitsu, leci z wokalem;)

Obrazek
ODPOWIEDZ