My interview with Barren Womb

this is a place for you to promote your band, webpage or anything....

Moderatorzy: Nasum, Sybir, Gore_Obsessed, ultravox

ODPOWIEDZ
Death in another way
weteran forumowych bitew

My interview with Barren Womb

23-11-2016, 19:06

1.Let's start from the same beginning: In what circumstances and when Your band Barren Womb was founded? What means name of Your band? When Your Finish drummer Timo joined the band and when You started Your cooperation? Are You living together in Your town in Trondheim in Norway or he is living in Finland and how do You cooperate together? Where are You playing rehersals?

Barren Womb grew out of the ashes of our previous band Like Rats From A Sinking Ship in late 2011. We wanted to continue creating music together, but wanted it to be as stripped down as possible, so we started making music as a duo.

Our band name is a comment on the state of the world today. These are dark times to be born into and society does not provide very fertile soil for longevity. Although I’m sure the planet will persevere, humanity is on a scary path of decay and destruction.

I live in Trondheim and Timo lives about three hours north of here on a small island called Otterøy. We rehearse here in town at Das Boot Studio, usually in intense 3-4 day bulks.

2.So far You recoreded 3 splits, one 10'' (mlp?), one free digital single and two albums. Please tell us about them and about labels that issued them. Where they were recoreded and who are authors of their covers? What do You think about Your cooperation with 3 different labels that issued Your materials? What Your material is the the best and why? What do You think about Your last album? Are You fully satisfied with it? Why Your materials are practically issued only on vinyls (it is GREAT by the way for me)? What is so extraordinary and outstanding in vinyls?

There’s already too many recordings under our belt to talk at length about all of them. We try to put out something new at least once a year, Melvins-style. 2016 is the exception from that rule, being the first year we haven’t released anything. We have two new releases planned for next year to make up for this though.

The first few things we did we’re self released on our own label The Perfect Hoax. Our two LP’s are out through the excellent Seattle based indie label Spartan Records. We also have a split with Grizzlor (amazing band!) out on Riotous Outburst Records.

We’ve recorded in a few different places, but the last couple of releases were done in Das Boot Studio by Håkon Gebhardt. "Nique Everything" came out good, it’s definitely the one I’m happiest with so far. Of course, there’s always things that could have been done better. I’m always most excited about our newest work and I’m sure that will be the case in the future as well.

We love vinyl! It’s a way more engaging way to listen to music, makes it easier to pay full attention to the art. Plus the artwork is big enough to really delve into. It’s also kind of an archaic format that’s worth preserving.

3. You describe Your style as Noise Rock/Dark Americana. Please tell us about it and about Your musical influations. In my opinion above mentioned words are describing Your music and style fully, but with addiction that is also psychodelic music with their roots in 60ties. For sure You have also Your own, unique style.

Noise Rock is a pretty broad term that best describes what we sound like. We have our influences like every other band, but It’s really important for us to carve our own niche and try to avoid sounding too much like something that already exists. This makes us outsiders, which is a two-sided coin: On the upside, We fit on a lot of different musical bills and can tour with almost anyone. On the flipside, we are harder to market and might be more difficult to get into on first listen.

4. What do You think about such bands as Van Den Graaf Generator, early Pink Floyd, Neurosis, Alchemist and Rosetta and in what level are they influance for You and what do You think about them?

Both Pink Floyd and Neurosis are amazing, genre defining artists which I respect and admire a lot, and although we don’t swim in the same waters as them musically, I’m sure they’ve had an impact on what we do on some level. Any artist brave enough to blaze their own trail is ok in my book. Not really familiar with the other ones though, but I’ll check them out. Thanks for the tip!

5.Your actual European tour with Entombed A.D., Voivod and Lord Dying is Your is Your 4th one so far. Please tell us about it and about Your previous 3 tours. In what circumstances You joined them? What Your concerts were the best in Your opinion and why? Where was the best public? Were do You have the best die hard fans? Where would You like to play concerts in future and with what bands?

All our previous tours were DIY, so they were booked either by ourselves or in collaboration with the bands we toured with. This latest run was the first time we were part of a bigger production and it was great! All the other bands are amazing and we felt very welcome, we’ve been very fortunate to have had this opportunity. There’s good times to be had in any country, but France and Finland are especially off the hook! We’ll basically play wherever and whenever, doesn’t matter to us.

6.What are the best bands ever for You?

It’s hard to name favorites, but I’ve been a huge Primus fan since way back when and that has definitely left a mark on how I perceive and write music. Other artists that have been important are Rage Against the Machine, Converge, Godspeed You Black Emperor!, The Jesus Lizard, Sonic Youth, Dr. Dre, 16 Horsepower, Hot Snakes and Tom Waits. There’s a whole bunch more, but those are the ones that come to mind right now. Oh, and Run the Jewels. They are the saviors of both Hip Hop and Punk right now!

7.What is Your life philosophy?

Have fun, be good to other people and try not to die.

8.Please tell us about Your plans for future.

We have a couple of shows coming up here in Norway before we focus on writing our next album. After that is recorded we’ll hit the road with a vengeance!

9.Please tell us about Your websites and profiles online. What way is the best to obtain Your merchandise? Please give us their addresses and contact to You. Tell us also about Your booking agents for Finland and the rest of the world.

Fullsteam (fullsteam.fi) does our booking in Finland, Max Mana (max-mana.com) books us in the rest of the world. Vinyls can be ordered from Spartan Records (spartanrecords.com) and merch can be ordered from barrenwomb.org. Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/barrenwomb.

10. Last words are Yours.

Thanks for the interview and for reading!
Awatar użytkownika
trup
Biały Weteran Forume Tańczący na Kurhanach Wrogów

Re: My interview with Barren Womb

23-11-2016, 19:52

No proszę! Piękny wywiad! BDB!!! od Serca!
hO Aster Tor Pente - "Give Light and The People Will Follow."
„Kto poznał świat, znalazł trupa, a kto znalazł trupa, świat nie jest go wart” (logion 57)
ODPOWIEDZ