My interview with Peter from Bloodsoaked (done in Nov. 2013)

this is a place for you to promote your band, webpage or anything....

Moderatorzy: Nasum, Sybir, Gore_Obsessed, ultravox

ODPOWIEDZ
Death in another way
weteran forumowych bitew

My interview with Peter from Bloodsoaked (done in Nov. 2013)

10-12-2014, 12:38

Let's start from the same beginning: When and why Bloodsoaked was founded? Why did You chose such name for Your band? What were inspirations for You? I played in Thrash Bands back in the late 80’s and always wanted to play in a Death Metal band. So in 2005 I decided to start Bloodsoaked and see if I could write some good songs. The name came from the promotion and record lable I ran from 1995-2004 called Bloodsoaked Records and Bloodsoaked Promotions. When I first started Bloodsoaked I had no idea how far it would or wouldn’t go, little did I know I would be playing all over the world… hahaha

What were reactions for Your first album in the underground? The first album was received very well for a raw recording of Death Metal. It was released back when MySpace was very popular and I had a good amount of people following my music. It was good enough for Comatose Music to release the album and I am very happy with the album. The recording production is not good but the songs are great.

You recordred do far three albums and ep. Music there is technical brutal death metal in American style on very high level. Am I right? I have only recorded 3 albums, for some reason Metal Archives keeps putting the EP as it was released from this Bloodsoaked and it was not. The music I write is not very brutal, it’s very simple but catchy Death Metal.

How do You mark so far cooperation with Comatose Records, that issued Your albums? Comatose music has been great to work with, they have released all three of the Bloodsoaked albums and I will continue to work with them. They have supporting Bloodsoaked since the beginning.

What is importance of texts, covers and layouts of Your albums? It’s somewhat important but I think the music is much more important than the artwork and/layout. Those things are important on a visual level but the music has to be great as well.

Are You fully satisfited with all Your materials issued so far? Yes, I am very happy. The first album “Brutally Butchered” could have been produced better but overall I am very happy with all three albums.

From third album You are duet, earler Bloodsoaked was only You. Why it happened and do not You feel luck of drummer in Your band, especially on concerts? Yes, I was doing this all myself for many years and it was great but I felt the live show was lacking a bit. I added Joseph Darling as a second guitarist/vocalist almost two years ago and its been working out great. I have no plans on adding a drummer as what we have at this time is perfect. I don’t think people mind that there’s no drummer at the concert, once we play they forget.

When Your new album will be recorded and issued? The new album (Devouring Abomination) will be recorded and released in 2014 with Comatose Music.

How do mark condition of underground and what means it for You in practice? The underground is great, I love being part of the underground music scene.

How do You mark "Rotting in Europe 2013" tour with Black Mass, Short Fuse, Psychatric Regurgitation and Hate Storm Annihilation organized by Bruchsten, Morningstar Concerts & Booking and Snick Booking? Overall the tour was a success, some of the shows were small crowds but we still play just as hard for 10 people as we do for 500 people.

What are channels of distribution of Your albums? Almost all small distributors sell Bloodsoaked CDs as well as iTunes and other online digital distributors.

You are planning next tour in Europe. Tell us about it. Yes, we will be back in Europe in April 2014 for another 10 day Europe tour. We are very excited.

Is there any chance that You will play on Maryland Death Fest, Neurotic Death Fest or/and on Brutal Assault Fest? I have tried to get Bloodsoaked on all three of those festivals with no luck so far.

Where do You want to play concerts? At what countries and on what other fests? We would love to play all the big festivals in Europe and as many countries as we can. We play big and small fest but as long as we are playing that’s all that matters.

How do You compose music for Your albums? It’s a slow process for me writing music, most songs take me a month or more to write just one. Even though the songs themselves are simple I really like to take the time and write a good song and not just put a bunch of riffs together. I like the song to have some structure. I just sit and write riffs and once I play something I like I will record it and build off it.

What are Your favourite bands, vocalists, guitarists, bassmen and drummers? What are in Your opinion milestones in death metal? I love all the old bands such as Obituary, Carcass, Death, Malevolent Creation, Deicide, Pestilence. John Tardy and Martin van Drunen are my favorite vocalist. I think the lat 80s and early 90s was the best time for death metal.

Do You listen also other music than death metal? Yes. I listen to all styles of music from Pop, Metal, and others.

What are Your interests? Hookers, drugs, more hookers.

What is philosophy of Your life? Have fun till you DIE!

What are Your plans for future? Keep writing music and hope people like it.

Last words are Yours:-) Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview and support Bloodsoaked, we appreciate it very much.

ps. how do You mark Your two concerts in Poland? sorry for two little mistakes The Warsaw show was not too good, very big venue and not many people. The show in Poznan was much better, small club with a great Death Metal crowd. We will be back in Poznan in April 2014.
ODPOWIEDZ